Sunday, December 8, 2013

7 months and 4 months


Our lil D is now 7 months old!  I can't believe we got him when he was 3 months and *snap* like that he is now 7 months???  Where does the time go?   I haven't blogged much about this little guy for obvious reasons - there isn't much I can say, but I can say this....  This sweet little boy is fully recovered!   If you could have seen him the first day I got him to today he is a whole different baby.  He babbles and is starting to crawl and makes the most adorable baby calls, it's hard to explain what that is, but I think he's found his voice and he likes to hear it.  He love to eat, he loves watching Max but can't say he loves when Max tries to play with him and he loves to put everything in his mouth!   And the other day he started waving to me. He is off all his medicines and has a future that won't require all the appointments all the doctors thought he would have.    Turns out there was a mistake in his placement with us because we aren't certified for the conditions he was brought to us with, but several of us on his team don't think it was a mistake at all.... we all feel he was meant to be here with us and I do too.  I can't help but wonder what God has in store for this one.... I pray that God will have this baby go back to a safe home and as one of his doctors said, "This baby has a 2nd shot at life, let's hope he gets it".  I have to believe that this child was spared from a completely different life for some reason and that what ever happens he will be taken care of.    We look forward to sharing our home with this little one for the next 8 months to a year and maybe by then we will know where he will be calling home, be it here or with some of his biological family.  *ps this picture is a little section from his 6 months pictures I took of him with a bright colorful beanie my brother gave to me.... similar to the ones I took of Max when he was 6 months here - can't wait to add little d's next to Max's*